Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) Office
Prof. Christian Daniel Jacobs,(BA, B.A(Hons.), BEd., MEd(Cum Laude), DEd, PhD, THED)
He is a registered Psychologist with the Health Professions Council of South Africa.
Prof. C.D. Jacobs is an international renown academic and researcher. He has vast experience at reputable universities in Africa and was a guest lecturer at the University of Gedansk in Poland and the American University in Bulgaria.
He has research collaboration with many international universities. Prof. Jacobs received research grant from the Human Research Council, National Training Board and National Road Safety Council in South Africa. He was granted funding from USAID and the Stan Smith and May Foundation for community service in South Africa.
He was the study leader and promoter of 48 successful Masters’ Degree students and 22 doctoral students. Prof. Jacobs presented at numerous International Conferences and was invited to deliver a paper at the E – learning Africa Conference in Cairo. He has written many text books and published in International Journals in the areas of Research methodology, Psychology, Agricultural Management, Quality Assurance and E – Learning. He is an honourable member of the prestigious Golden Key Association (USA), honouring the top 5% performing staff and students at International Universities. Prof. Jacobs is a keen coach of Cricket, Rugby and Football and has been actively involved in the student life and welfare at the Universities of Pretoria and Stellenbosch, South Africa. He was the head of Olienhout Men’s Hostel, Hippocratus Medical Hostel at the University of Pretoria.
• Educator for seven (7) Years
• Full – Professor and Head of the Department of Educational Psychology at the University of Pretoria, South Africa
• Director of Psychological, Counselling and Health Services at the University of Stellenbosch, South Africa.
• Head of Student Affairs, University of Pretoria, South Africa, University of Pretoria, South Africa
• Director of Studies, Chrisland Educational Organisation, Nigeria
• Vice – Chancellor, Chrisland University, Ogun State, Nigeria.
• Ag. Vice – Chancellor, University of Africa, Bayelsa State, Nigeria. Professional Registration
• Member of the Academic for Arts and Science, South Africa
• Master Personnel Practitioner, Board of Personnel Management, South Africa
• Full member of the Institution of People Management, South Africa