THE RESOURCES AND SERVICES AVAILABLE IN THE UNIVERSITY LIBRARY
Information Literacy Skills
Reference Services and Ask a Librarian
Serials/journals consultation services
ICT/Digital Literacy Services
Print Catalogue Search/ OPAC services
LIBRARY RULES AND REGULATIONS
UAT rules and regulations are meant to ensure orderliness, good conduct and proper handling of reading materials within the library and even beyond. Therefore, the following are not allowed:
- Entering the library with hand bags, brief cases, umbrellas, etc.
- Noise Making/Chatting
- Eating. Drinking, Smoking e.t.c
- Congregation/ Group discussion in and around the reading areas
- Marking / tracing or any damage/ loss/ theft/ mutilation of materials
- Use of matches, fire, naked light or any inflammable item, razor blade, scissors, knife, etc in the library
- Use of mobile phones, rechargeable lanterns, flash cameras, musical instruments, or any electrical appliances in the library. Such items shall be confiscated followed by necessary disciplinary action
- Re-shelving or hiding of library materials by users.
- Reservation of seat(s) either for oneself or for others
- Tampering with all electrical items/ equipment installed in the library.
OPENING HOURS OF THE LIBRARY
Access To Library
Lecturers, Students and other staff are to present their library ID cards to gain entrance into the library.
- Mondays-Fridays: 8.00am-6.00pm
- Mondays-Fridays: 9.00am-6.00pm
E-RESOURCES AVAILABLE IN THE ACADEMIC LIBRARY
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) - Multidisciplinary
- Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture (AGORA) - Agriculture
- Educational Resource Information Center (ERIC) - Education
- Access to Research for Health Programme (HINARI) - Medical Sciences
- Journal Storage (JSTOR) - Multidisciplinary
- Access to Research in the Environment (OARE) - Environmental Research
- OpenDoar – Multidisciplinary
Academic Staff: 4 books for 1 month
Students: 2 books for 2 weeks
Provision is made for renewal at the instance of the patron. However, information materials on heavy demand are placed on reserve if there are few copies of them. This is to ensure that the material circulates. Any loss of borrower’s ticket should be reported to the Readers’ Services Librarian immediately.
N50 will be charged for a book per day, if the book is not returned after the due date.